Well, since I've been on vacation I have managed, among other things, to finish the project I started in January. The goal from the beginning was to put a new floor in the kitchen; I just didn't start with the kitchen since I quickly decided that the whole West side of the house would need the new flooring. And I didn't just do the floor deciding that the new floor deserved new everythings to go with it. So I started with the bathroom, moved to the hall and closet in front of the bathroom, then the entryway and the hall leading to the kitchen. Now the kitchen is done.
Here is an "under construction" picture that will serve as a before picture.
You can see the old floor, the stripped floor, and the new floor surrounded by backerboard. Now here's the "after" picture.
Hey! The cellar has a door. New paint job, countertops and backsplash behind the counters. There's also a new sink and faucet. The next picture will highlight that
Notice the countertop, sink and backsplash. Now here is the after picture.
The new sink is black granite and is much deeper than the old stainless steel sink. Now one more picture of the finished product.
It took a long time for the countertops to arrive and I didn't want to decide on the backsplash until they were in place which is why it took so long to complete. But now it's done and I'm satisfied with the work I did.
And the moeny I saved by doing it myself.