1) Be who you are regardless of what you want to be
2) Never let your morals get in the way of doing what's right
3) Living is an artform, not a chore, and you are the artist.
4) Never make a committment you do not intend to honor; honor your committments no matter the cost
5) Life is complex and messy. Never try to make it less messy. Just do what you can to make things better.
6) People are complex and messy. Never try to make them less messy. Just take them as you find them or not.
7) Never forget a debt you owe. Forget the debts owed you.
8) Love is a creature that must be tracked. But do nothing to disturb the traces, so others may follow as well. And never, ever, stop tracking.
9) Be a dharma bum.
10) "It is dangerous to understand new things too quickly" (Josiah Warren)
11) Fully enjoy where you are and what you are doing right now; soon you may be someplace worse.